Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Supervisor - Mine Operations
Mt Milligan, British Columbia, CA
MINE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Mt. Milligan is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Mine Operations Supervisor to join our growing Operations team.
Reporting to the Mine Operations General Foreman, the Mine Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of Mine Operations Technicians (Equipment Operators & Truck Drivers) in a positive and productive manner.
- Supervise, plan and lead the safe operation of all mine mobile equipment throughout the shift.
- Coordinate mine operations activities with other departments and contractors.
- Train and develop a diverse work-force in the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Provide effective leadership to build a strong employee culture
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with the development of operating procedures
- Ensure a high level of quality and production standards
- Ensures a safe working environment is created for the team
- Mining experience plus 3 years supervisory experience in open pit mining
- Possess current British Columbia Shift Boss Certification
- Budgeting and expense management experience
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to maintain motivation of crews
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs ie. Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- MineStar experience is considered an asset
- The schedule for this position will be rotating day and night, 7 on 7 off, 12-hours per day.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thompson Creek Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shift Boss Certification