Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Technician: Mine Maintenance
Mt Milligan, British Columbia, CA
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thompson Creek Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mt. Milligan is currently seeking skilled Heavy Duty Mobile Maintenance Technicians to join our Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor, the Mine Heavy Duty Mobile Maintenance Technician will be responsible for various maintenance activities common to a surface hard rock mining operation and the associated blasting, loading, hauling, and support equipment.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair large mobile mining equipment common to a surface hard rock mine
- Actively participate in various safety activities
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspections and Preventative Maintenance services
- Service and repair equipment in the field
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Clearly write reports detailing work performed and problems found
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- BC or Interprovincial Journeyman Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification required
- Three plus years experience preferred
- Experience with CAT heavy equipment and / or other mining equipment is an asset
- Proven safety and attendance record
- Must have own tools
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products ie. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SIS and Cat Parts Store preferred
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds is required
- Willingness to work in adverse conditions
- Self motivated, team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- The schedule for this position will be seven days on seven days off, 12 hours per day
- This position will be required to work inside the shop or in the field as required.