The Supervisor, Mill E&I will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of hourly employees engaged in assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, installing, repairing, modifying and maintaining electrical, electronic and instrumentation equipment to manufacturer and /or company specifications.
The list of duties and responsibilities below are not exclusive or exhaustive, and the employee will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. All employees are required to be professional, cooperative, and flexible in line with the requirements of the position, and to promote the desired culture of Mt Milligan.
- Ensure all E&I work is done in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Maintain compliance with corporate, governmental and site environmental and safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Create awareness of unsafe and/or environmentally harmful behavior.
- Provide the leadership and direction necessary to insure the operating integrity of the mine staying within the requirements of budgeted costs and production.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate E&I activities with production departments to support construction, training and mine start up.
- Direct activities of subordinates assigned to all phases of E&I used in the mining process. Set priorities and execute the safe and efficient deployment of personnel and equipment in all E&I activities.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and work orders to subordinates and assign duties.
- Assist in diagnosing E&I malfunctions in all mining equipment.
- Assist in budget development, cost analysis and contract administration.
- Possess an interprovincial trade qualification with 3-5 years experience as a supervisor in mine E&I or related industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook Access) along with knowledge of Delta V programming. Familiarity with computerized maintenance systems is essential.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in electrical maintenance of AC electric shovels, electric drills and knowledge of high voltage power distribution systems, 480V, 4,160V, 7200V and 24,900V etc.
- Must have ability to prioritize assignments and make well rounded timely decisions, with good problem-solving skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of safe and efficient mine electrical practices, procedures, and regulations.