Mount Milligan, BC, Canada
Reporting to the Health and Safety Superintendent. The Coordinator of Industrial Hygiene will work within the Safety Team to anticipate, recognize, mitigate, and prevent potential environmental health exposures to workers as per per the Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in British Columbia and Centerra Golds Vision and Values.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance existing Industrial Hygiene & Medical Surveillance program.
- Identify potential hazardous contaminants /agents within work areas and work groups.
- Determine the extent of individual exposures to environmental health hazards through Quantitative assessments.
- Determine if workers are Overexposed or Underexposed.
- Educate workers on the identified workplace health exposures and mitigation.
- Determine specific guidelines for collecting samples and interpreting results.
- Document and report out, sampling strategies, methods and results.
- Assist the safety team in confined space entry hazard / risk assessments.
- Mitigate the health exposure hazards by utilizing the hierarchy of risk controls.
- Evaluate the program for effectiveness of controls to continuously decrease the overall health hazard exposures of workers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH).
- Five years of IH experience within the mining, pulp & paper or oil or gas sector
- Experience in OH&S compliance, specifically section two of the HSRCBC
- Familiar with Work-Safe-BC Industrial Hygiene Regulatory requirements
- General knowledge and the ability to use fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of industrial Hygiene
- General Knowledge of chemical analysis, equipment and processes in order to assist in analyzing information and drawing conclusions
- Ability to perform sampling and chemical analysis and to maintain inspection records
- Ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- High Level Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Able to accept and provide quality feedback of performance and behavior
- Systems development , implementation, maintenance and progress reporting
- Planning, Organizing, and Problem Solving
- Hazard Recognition / Risk Assessment / Mitigation / Quality Control
- High Level Computer skills for documents, data base, and spreadsheets
- Proven track record of success in IH program implementation and management.
The work schedule will be 12 hour shifts, 7x7 rotation. Day shift only. This position is based at the Mine site where camp accommodations will be provided. Travel from Prince George, BC is provided.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021-12-07