GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Treasurer and Director, Investor Relations, the position of Manager, Investor Relations will support the implementation and management of the Company’s Investor Relations strategy, which supports the Company’s business goals and objectives. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate and keep investors and security analysts up-to-date about the Company, in order to achieve a fair relative stock price. The role requires the development of cross-functional relationships and interaction with people at all levels of the organization as well as external Analysts and Investors. Centerra is committed to providing employees with learning and growth opportunities that support personal and career development.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and coordinate global marketing activities, including the preparation of all materials for investor conferences, marketing trips and site tours.
- Assist in drafting of company communications (press releases, presentations (investor decks and webcast slides), etc.).
- Lead design and finalization of annual reports and circulars.
- Monitor sell-side analyst reports and obtain and evaluate latest analyst forecasts on the Company. Work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to interpret the results and assist in presenting to the senior management team.
- Manage communication with shareholders and analysts – assisting them with their questions and requests. Co-ordinate internally to obtain responses from the appropriate department and the suitable executive to respond such enquiries.
- Assist with the targeting of potential shareholders.
- Work with the Environmental, Social and Governance team, to ensure disclosure requirements are maintained and to identify and help properly communicate Company ESG highlights.
- Assist in the development of the corporate website and co-ordinate the content (ensuring technical data is accurate and up to date).
- Assistance in the development of social media platform to promote the Company.
- Collaborate on trade shows and events.
- Work with Director, Change Management and Internal Communication’s to ensure there is a consistent message throughout the organization.
- Maintain a record of information disclosed and administers collection of feedback from analysts, investors, journalists.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills. Extensive skills in preparation of presentations – with excellent attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills allowing candidate to confidently interact with all levels of management and external investment professionals.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and excellent research skills.
- Familiarity with FactSet, NASDAQ IR Insight, Bloomberg or other similar systems.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Technical (engineer, geologist) or financial background with a min. Bachelor’s degree in your field of expertise.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of IR-related experience. Mining industry experience preferrable.
- A clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by analysts to project a company’s operating and financial performance and the resulting value for the stock.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Professional learning and development for all role levels
- Competitive benefits and health/lifestyle spending account that start on your first day of employment
- Group RRSP with company match
- Employee Share Purchase Program with company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Great vacation package, plus additional paid days off
- Opportunity for future Growth and Advancement
Centerra Gold welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Centerra Gold values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. Centerra Gold is an equal opportunity employer.